Women’s Shed on the Lake provides a supportive, inclusive, safe and friendly environment accessible to women of all ages where they can meet together to seek friendship, share ideas, resources and skills and engage in a variety of activities.
We endeavour to promote and support the mental, physical, social and emotional wellbeing of women in our community
Our activities so far…
Community Projects – Over the past months the women have been involved in making items for other community organisations. We have more in the pipeline! So far we have;
- Made ribbon stars for ‘One Million Stars to end Violence project’. This supports women who have experienced domestic violence. The stars we made became part of a display held recently at the Newcastle Museum, and, will also become part of an art installation for the Commonwealth Games in 2018.
- Sewn library bags for Windale Public School preschool and Warners Bay Early Learning and Care Centre
- Made mosaic stepping stones for the new sensory garden at Boolaroo Public School.
- Christmas items for Food Hampers
DIY – The group has also participated in some specially organised Bunnings workshops. So far we have covered basic plumbing and painting jobs around the house.
Guest presenters – We have had the privilege of hearing from guest speakers including Neroli Sneddon (Companion Care), Dixie Dunford (Heartfulness Meditation) and Jessica Kesby (BreastScreen NSW)
Other activities – We are also enjoyed;
- Making jewellery and origami
- Visiting the Anzac Experience
- Hosting a ‘Biggest Morning Tea’ event
Please contact Elizabeth for more details.